Thursday, September 6, 2012

I think It's Time for a Swap - Fee's Doily Swap


One of my favourite finds at Thrift Stores is old Doily's.  There are so many gorgeous ones out there and I have re-purposed lots of them over the years.  I thought it might be fun to have a Doily Swap - A bit of a challenge really ! - You would need to create something extra special from a doily sent to you by your partner and then send the gift that you have made from it back to them.


There are some amazing doily's around and so many fab ideas for using them in a re-purposed way


Do you have a stash of doily's that you would be prepared to re-purpose?


When I typed Doily into Google Images it threw me some awesome re-purposed projects - Like this tree


And this gorgeous lamp shade


So this is how it will work :-

This will be a direct swap
Sign Ups Will close next Thursday morning at 9am (13th September)
Thursday night you will be sent your partners name and address details
You will have 1 week to send to your partner the following :- 

1 X Lace Doily
1 X Embroidered Doily
1 Fat Quarter
1 Metre of Ribbon
6 Assorted Buttons

Your partner will have these goodies for 3 weeks and will come up with the most amazing swap gift for you and will send it back to you by the 14th October



Do you want to play?

If so take this Blog Button


Put it on your side bar.
E-Mail me at - goldwen at bigpond dot com

Your name
Blog address 
Postal Address
E-Mail Address

And Your Favourite Style - Retro, Shabby, Country, Modern etc etc etc 

The swap is open to swappers world wide BUT you have to be a proven swapper - By this I mean that I will be checking your blog to make sure that you have participated in swaps before and are a proven swapper - I don't mean to offend anyone here but sadly there are some people in this world that are takers and not givers - Sad but true....

I can't wait - I'm always up for a challenge.

Hugs - Fee XX

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow Fee this sounds exciting...might seriously have to think of joining.... X x

Vicki said...

Hi Fee, I don't have a blog. Can I still join? Vicki vickilorraine at hotmail dot com

Maree: said...

What a Pity I have Donated all the Doilies that I Had...If I can find one before closing I'll let you know...sounds like a Lovely Swap...already have an idea.
Cheers

De said...

Emailing you............. :)

Teresa said...

What a wonderful idea for a swap. Love it! xx

Sisbabestitches said...

Fabulous idea for a swap, Fee. Unfortunately no joining in for me, though I will really enjoy watching. Your inspiration pictures are amazing.

Michele said...

I have done swaps before but not like this.....I will register :)

kathyros said...

that sounds great Fee but I dont have a blog. I have participated in a swap before over at Down to Earth, an apron swap. Can I still participate??