Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just Playing Around .........


The weather has still been awful - We have had torrential rain, wind and ever so slight periods of sunshine but still a cold 8 degrees.  All of this unkind weather has put us way behind in our schedule to have the house ready for sale.  But it has given me some time to play around in the studio.  These fabrics were yesterday's deal of the day and whilst I was cutting orders I thought about an easy beginner's quilt using them.  So I cut and stitched for a few hours in the afternoon.


And came up with this.  I am currently hand appliquing the dragonflies and will then send it off to be quilted.  I will do a girly Butterfly version too just as soon as the fabrics arrive.



I have been packing Hexagon Club Patterns and also sewing some more blocks.  I am really enjoying this project.


Today I will be sending out the partners for the Doily Swap.  If you don't get an e-mail from me by tonight just drop me a line. 

I have this photo saved on my computer I can't recall where it was from but isn't it cute?  I picked up some sweet little metal tooth zips the other day at a thrift store so I might make a few of these with lavender inside.  They would be great to add to gift parcels don't you think?

Hugs

Fee X



11 comments:

Allie said...

Cute cute quilt, Fee!!!

By Hoki Quilts said...

gosh, you go non stop Miss Fee. Love your new quilt pattern, simple but very effective and I'm sure it's going to look gorgeous in girly colours too.
We too are having horrid weather so it's a stitching I must do - oh the hardship, LOL
keep warm, hugs
Miche'le

Cathy said...

Love the aqua and red together! Very happy fabric!!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I am loving Aqua and red at the moment. Wow you are so busy and I am so tempted by youe Hexagon Club patterns. hugs

shez said...

that quilt top is so gorgeous Fee,well done.xx

Fiona said...

such a very cute quilt... and run up so quickly... I know you have had bad weather but some rain sounds so good... we are so dreadfully dry here.... the hexi club looks such fun... I just have to draw a line at the moment but I'm sure it won't be a once off ....?????
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous Fee...Love thE dragonflies.

Melody said...

LOVE your little quilt. Very sweet.

Peggy said...

Love the simple quilt pattern especially the dragonflies! I hope you are not going to get the terrible summer which we have had, gardening at all levels was very badly affected and yields were down on everything

Jenny Nguyen said...

The dragonflies are adorable! I've always admired the patience of quilters hahha

Fiona, I was wondering if I could maybe get some help? I’m working on an 'out and about' atm, and a part of the app will have bloggers recommending 5-10 places in their city to check out for all sorts of things from craft to shopping to eating and everything in between, I was wondering if you might recommend maybe a few places you love? I will put links to your blog on the app and drive more traffic your way. We have over 3,000 people signed up to download the app already and it hasn't even launched yet (we're super excited!)
If you don’t mind and you're happy to be a part of it all, Fiona, just pop on here -https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG93enNmdHRPOTVuUWVqOFJMUElibnc6MQ
or you can email me on jenny@heylets.com xx

Lenna Green of Stitching Cow said...

Looks like you have been busy Fee, keep up the great work.