Friday, September 28, 2012

Spring Sunshine





The spring sunshine has been just gorgeous here in Tasmania but sadly today and for the weekend it is forecast for rain, hail and whatever else mother nature feels like throwing at us but having 2 beautiful days in a row was a real blessing for this time of the year. 

This garden bed is one that we did some work on early last year in a bid to make the gardens a bit less work.  We have 3 acres and 1 acre is gardens - They are beautiful to walk around but lots and lots of work.  It's hard to believe that the lavender and the 3 natives are just 1 year old - They have grown so fast.



It was lovely to be able to pick a bunch of spring cheer to brighten up the house.




I have had a bit of fun cutting bundles of shabby loveliness for Fee's Shabby Shack.  There is just something about organza wrapped bundles isn't there?




And in between working on the business and the garden I have been putting together some of my "This Goes With That" Hexagons - I am really enjoying this BOM



It is fun dreaming up combinations of colours and patterns


They are a great portable project and easy to put together


And of course using delicious "Ruby" fabrics makes it even nicer.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,

Fee XX

11 comments:

Susan said...

Hope the weather isn't too wild for you on the weekend. You can always keep working on those lovely hexies......

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

"There is just something about organza wrapped bundles isn't there?" This is how I store some on my bundles that I have ready for future projects :o) They just look so pretty :o) Love your BOM, great progress

shez said...

our weather is the same Fee its awful,it teasers us with a sunny day and back to winter,not fair,those fabric bundles look so gorgeous Fee,enjoy your weekend.xx

De said...

oh well some inside time will be great. When I rang dad for his birthday mid week he said it was warm....I was shocked....it usually snows near his birthday!

Chookyblue...... said...

your EPP is looking great......

Michele said...

I love the Ruby fabric. I made some Easter aprons out of it this year....really yummy.

Annie said...

Its typical spring in the north west of the state too Fee - my Mt Fuji has been out in full bloom for a couple of days but the massive wind gusts are turning it a little 'shabby' (sorry, couldn't resist that one)...my waratah's will be looking absolutely gorgeous in another few days - shame about the rest of the unkempt mess. Your garden lavender looks B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L...as do your hexie flowers!

Margaret said...

Hexies are very neat, mine sometime, a bit like the weather beautiful one day wretched the rest of theweek.

Roseanne said...

Love your garden is lovely it is not like mine it is all weeds I would love to get out and do it but my hip will not let me I am hoping my hip get better soon.

Jude said...

Love those hexies Fee.

Richardson said...

Hi:
What awesome hexi's!!!!! I'm gonna be laid up for a few weeks, hand sewing would be awesome, Where did you get all the different shapes of paper?
Hugs,
Vicki
sunraesban@yahoo.com