Thursday, January 3, 2013

Being Organised ......


I try to be organised as much as I can but during the past few months of busyness I seemed to be in quite a flap with bits and pieces in all areas of the house.  My stitching chair has a set of drawers along side and they were scattered with embrodiery threads from lots of different projects.


So over the break I decided to get everything in order so I knew which threads I needed to replace.  It makes it much easier to find a number when they are filed away in numeric order and not in a pile like this !


I found that I had lots of spares of some colours which I obviously use a lot - some of them had up to 4 cards.


But now they are all neatly filed away in boxes.  I have also filled out the DMC Checklist of the threads I need (I have highlighted them) and I keep this chart in my purse so that I can easily check what I need when I am out shopping.  Do you use the Checklist?  You can DOWNLOAD it from HERE if you would like to use one too?

Hugs,

Fee xx

13 comments:

Melody said...

What a good idea. Off to print out a list now

Susan said...

I did a bit of that sort of organising too - put away all the odds & sods - but I have boxes of all sorts of other threads too. I sort mine into colour groups because I rarely do anything where I need a specific number 0 I am more likely to need "a pink" or "a blue" so it works better for me. Then to be painfully organised I put them into a spreadsheet with columns that fit the rows in the boxes. If you (or anyone) want a copy let me know - I can email it.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I carry the same list with me and grab a couple every time I go into Spotlight. Might need to change my storage method tho as yours look so neat. hugs

Mommarock said...

I had no idea there were so many!!

Quilt Kitty said...

Thanks for the download Fee. I need to do that. I was putting my pile away tonight, searching for one I finished or its next best substitute & was amazed by how many I had 3 of & how many gaps there were too. A nice excuse to buy a few more each week & another holder too. Tracee xx

Cyn said...

Wonderful! Thank you, Fee. I had no idea these charts existed anymore. I have printed a copy so now I can get my collection up to date. Thanks again.
Happy New Year!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Thanks for the link to the shoppers checklist. It will be so helpful.

Noela said...

Nothing worse than not being able to find a colour thread when you know you have some. It's good to be organized. Hugs....

Marilyn said...

Thank you for the link Fee. I have used the download in the past but really do need a new one to start afresh - my old one is too well worn to be useful. Must be the season for organising.

Usharanee Murugesu said...

Wow! You have so much of everything...now everything is in order...beautifully arranged..you can find anything and everything in a jiffy. You have inspired me to now look into my boxes and bags of crafting items and sort them out during the next break from work.

Usha
usharaneem@yahoo.com

Lynette said...

I have downloaded a DMC and anchor ap for my phone called thread tracker. It's wonderful because I always have it with me.

Jenny said...

How lucky to have such a thoughtful creative cousin

Lee said...

There are also great phone apps that help you keep track of your threads and also can make shopping lists for you