Tuesday, February 26, 2013

An injury means some stitching time

017

Around 18 months ago I dropped a can on my toe and sliced a piece of bone off the top…..  It fused itself to the side of my toe and healed ok without any surgical intervention  which was optional at the time…..

Last weekend I tripped over Toby and stubbed it.  To say that it hurt is an understatement it was swollen, very inflamed and very injured.  Under doctors orders I spent a week with it elevated which enabled me to get some hand stitching completed. 

There is a bright side to everything isn’t there?

My 44” wide wall hanging is finished and hanging on the wall – I took some pics of the frugal quilt hanger I made last weekend which I will blog about over the next few days if you are interested.

001

I managed to do some work on “Angel Story” again.  I would really love to get this one finished this year. This one is Becky Bookworm.

002

And Dimity the Dreamer.

I have prepped 4 more blocks because I go into hospital today for day surgery on my injured toe and I have to be off my foot for 10 whole days.  That is some serious stitching time and I would love to be on the down hill slide of these blocks by the end of it.  Here’s hoping I am in a stitching mood.

Hugs,

Fee x

21 comments:

De said...

oh dear Fee...hope the surgery goes well and it doesnt affect your travelling! xoxo

Christine M said...

Hope all goes well with your surgery. At least you can look on the bright side with now having time to stitch.

retdairyqueen said...

Hope all goes well with the toe
Look forward to the serious stitching
Love the design at the top of your page

Vicki said...

Fee, I hope your toe doesn't interfere with going to Let's Get Stitched. Will you be able to hobble about by then? What a pain for you in more ways than one. Vicki

Melody said...

You poor thing Fee. I bet it is really frustrating.

Noela said...

All the best for your op and recovery. Will be great to get lots of stitching done. Hugs.....

Noela said...

Fiona, I forgot to say I would be very interested in seeing your quilt hangar as I am going to make a wide hanging for my niece soon and was wondering how to hang it. Hugs...

Michelle May said...

Good gracious Fee! My toe hurts just thinking about your toe!
Well, at least you did something beautiful to keep your mind off the pain.
xx

Susan said...

Gosh - bad luck about your toe - but wonderful sewing time...mmm now could I manage to do the same I wonder???

Willow Grove Quilting - Kerri said...

Hope you are on the road to recovery by now and getting some stitching in. Hope it mends well too. Not long and we will have to look after you and Adelaide. I starting to get excited now

Christine said...

Hope the surgery is successful and you recover quickly. Enjoy your stitching time.

shez said...

get well soon Fee,love your blocks.xx

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Precioso trabajo, besos

Chrissie said...

Hope all goes well with your surgery, at least you are looking forward to enjoying your stitching

Annette said...

Hope all went well today....enjoy your stitching time. Take care, Annette

Sheila said...

Sorry to hear about your toe , that must be so painful, hope the surgery went well and that you are able to continue on with such great progress on your stitching ,love your work!

Mimi said...

I hope your recovery is quick! Now I simply must comment on your beautiful hand stitching and the gorgeous fabrics that you have... sigh! So, so, so pretty. Take care!

Wendy said...

Hope your surgery goes well and the down time will be limited!:) Hopefully you will feel like stitching while you are waiting for your foot to heal. These blocks are so pretty. Have a great day! Hugs sent your way.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Honestly... the things people do to get some creative 'ME' time - lol.
Seriously honey, hope the surgery has gone well and your foot returns to normal very quickly. Looking forward to seeing the results of your 'stitching' recovery period.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

paqui said...

Qué se mejore tu dedo , qué dolor !!
Preciosos tus trabajos !!
Besitos

jhordanbiz said...

Very well said Fiona, everything happens for a reason and now you created another masterpiece.