Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lavender Sachets



 
When I go treasure hunting I always check out the book section.  I love to read but I also like to re-use old books so recently when I came across an old Webster's Dictionary with illustrations for $3.00 I just couldn't pass on it.

 
I have so many ideas for the pages of this book.

 
All of the pages have that lovely golden look of age

 
This week I decided to use some of my stored dried lavender to make some paper lavender sachets

 
I just simply folded each page in half and sewed around 3 sides.  Filled it with lavender and then sewed along the top.

 
I added a sweet little satin and pearl flower and now they are ready to be sold at a major craft fair I will be attending at the end of the year.

 
I just love making these - They are addictive !!
 
Keep your eye out for some old books so you can make some too.
 
 
Or maybe you might like to make some out of some old music paper.
 
Hugs,
 
Fee xx
 




4 comments:

Helen said...

That is so clever and looks fantastic !

Kate said...

What a splendid idea!!

Jacqueline said...

Adorable. Thanks for sharing.

momof3girls said...

Such a good idea! I love old books. I have to make some of these.