Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Friendship Quilt - Blocks 3 & 4



Thank you so much for your overwhelming response to my new Block of The Month.  It is going to be such fun sharing each block with you each month.  

Here is Block 3 - "Friends are like stars they come and go.  But the ones that stay are the ones that glow."


I have had lots of enquiries about a PDF version of this BOM - I have decided to offer each month of the Quilt as a 10 month subscription for $6.00 per month.  The pattern will be e-mailed to you each month after the 1st of the month.  

Alternatively if you do not wish to enter into a subscription the blocks will be available after release to subscribers in my CRAFTSY shop for $7.00 per month - Please note that the PDF versions do not receive the pattern cover as part of the download.


For those of you that expressed interest a few weeks ago you will be receiving an e-mail from me over the next 24 hours once I catch up.


The availability of Full Kits is diminishing rapidly and I have ordered what I can from my fabric supplier so if you are considering this option and want to make it in the exact fabrics as me don't leave it too long as this option will finish once I run out of fabric.




And here is Block 4 - "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"



All of the friendship sayings come straight from the heart and I know that many will resonate with you and instantly make you think of a particular friend.  That is the beauty of friendship - A kindredship of the heart and a blessing to our soul.



I think this quilt would look equally as beautiful in redwork - Don't you?


Or maybe because it uses 2 1/2" squares you could use up some of your stash? 


Just simply choose a Cottage Garden Thread that melds with your scraps and then match up 5 or 6 DMC threads to the tones in the variegated - It's as easy as that.

To find out how to subscribe simply go to THE FRIENDSHIP QUILT Page.

I'll be back tomorrow to reveal another block on a very special day for Australian and New Zealand residents - Anzac Day.  Lest We Forget.

Hugs - Fee x

No comments: