Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Pantry - Warts and All


In my last post I showed you the jars I have been collecting.  I love to bake and I have a pretty extensive ingredient pantry as I like to try lots of different things BUT I can never find anything.  My pantry has become out of control and finding an ingredient has become almost impossible.
 
Wait for it - Brace yourself !!





Yep - Told you it was BAD !  You can see why I needed to do something ! 
 
Not everything will be a permanent resident in my pantry.  My aim is to end up with only natural basic ingredients eventually but in the meantime I am going to use up everything I can.



I decided that the ingredients that I will ALWAYS keep in the pantry deserved to have their very own storage jars.  I made simple labels on the computer with my trusty old faithful BROTHER label printer and cut them up to place on the jars.


 
The labels stuck well to the glass and look rather smart
 
 



I had lots of fun filling them all up and getting rid of the pesky opened bags that were cluttering my pantry cupboards.
 
 
 
I ended up with a full box of rubbish.
 
 
And an extended pantry area but so very well organised now.


 
I am very pleased with my jars



And the original pantry cupboard is now functional and everything is easy to find.  I wonder if I am brave enough to tackle my wardrobe next??  There is nothing like the feeling of being organised.
 
Let the baking begin :)
 
Hugs - Fee xx

 
 


7 comments:

shez said...

your pantry looks great Fee,i think we are all doing some spring cleaning,enjoy your day my friend.xx

Maria said...

You've done a great job, Fee! Your pantry looks great :-)

Tammy said...

I've been in the process of organizing my pantry too....My big problem is can goods storage and small appliances...I have a huge walk in pantry and it seems to have become the catch all for everything and I think I have become a pack rat....Trying to use of things too as I organize them.

paulette said...

WOW!! I need to do this too!! Thanks for the before and after...I want the 'after look' in my kitchen too! I better get busy!!

Heather S said...

Great work! Makes you want to cook now I bet!

Wendy B said...

I've been working on my pantry too, but it doesn't look as nice as yours! My pantry is sooooo deep, things get lost in there forever.........
has baking begun yet?? LOL xoxoxox sugary hugs sweetie! :o)

desertskyquilts said...

Ha, I have almost no wardrobe, but my quilting area could certainly use some clean-up and organization! Your pantry looks great!