Monday, November 23, 2015

Enforced Changes


Since being made redundant last year and being diagnosed with my condition we have had to learn to lead a much different lifestyle to what we had before.  We are on 1/5th of the income we had back then.  I believe that everything happens for a reason and I can see much good in where our lives are at now.


Our life is no longer rushed and we have the time to stop and smell the roses.  We have had to "make do" a lot more but we quite enjoy the challenge of using what we have and spending time appreciating the little things.  Frugal living truly does make my heart sing.


I have spent a lot of time lately reading home maker and frugal living blogs and have picked up quite a lot of tips.  One of the blogs I have enjoyed reading a lot is http://thebluebirdsarenesting.blogspot.com.au/ - Annabel has many money saving ideas and lists how she has saved money every week with her bargain shopping, budget cooking and reusing and recycling.  I am going to take her lead and do a similar thing each week.  


So expect some more home maker style blogging from me in the coming new year.  Whilst I won't be making any new years resolutions I will certainly be living by a new code.  An enforced code LOL


This will also apply to my crafting life.  I have such a HUGE stash and time on my hands these days so I would love to be able to have a year of thrifted, handmade and recycled gifting.  I will update my birthday book and try to work WAY ahead.  One of Annabel's ideas from her blog is to make multiple items throughout the year when crafting instead of making just one.  They are then put away in a cupboard until the 1st November when she brings everything out and works through her Christmas gift giving list and allocates items as she goes.  Her gift recipients get a nice booty of hand made gifts, home cooked and thrifted items from throughout the year.  I hope I can do the same.



And like many crafters I really want to work through the rest of my UFO pile next year.  I want to also make items to decorate my home including some pretty curtains for my bathroom and to decorate my spare room before I get a houseful of visitors in March.  I hope that you can follow along with my little journey too and maybe pick up some ideas along the way.


I have had a pretty bad week with my pain and fatigue levels and have spent the equivalent of a few days in bed but I have still managed to complete another United Stitches Block.  This is my 17th.  I am going to be really sad when I finish all 32.  I am enjoying them so much !  I love the designs and the pre-printed linen makes stitching it a pleasure ! But I have a few more Rosie Dekker projects on the "To Do" pile so I can sink my teeth into them once I'm finished.

Two of my girls and I spent a few hours thrift shopping this morning.  I bought a couple of things for my home which I will share with you next time.

Hugs,

Fee xx

4 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Fee,

I always shop in the Good Sammy's, amazing what craft supplies you can find in there. Love the photo's of your garden, hope the vegies you planted earlier on in the year are providing you with lots of produce. Enjoy your new treasures and stitching.

Happy days.
Bev.

Maria said...

I'll enjoy following along with your 'homemaker style' blog posts, Fee!

Christine M said...

I'll enjoy joining you on your journey, Fee. Your garden is looking lovely. I hope you're feeling a bit better soon. Hugs, Christine xx

Janice said...

The flowers in your yard are beautiful. I'm sitting here, on the other side of the world, and it is snowing! I'm sure you are aware of another Australian blogger Rhonda Jean. She has quite a following around the world and has some great recipes and has mastered the art of frugal living.
down---to---earth.blogspot.com/