Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hand Painted Lace


For may years I have loved hand painted lace - It is just so pretty and just so shabby 



But the cost of the supplies it a little prohibitive when you are living a frugal life so I experimented with what I already had .......  I had some failures but finally I came up with a process that not only looks amazing but is colour safe ( doesn't wash out)


My first project from one of my tiny little hand painted lace doilies was to make a pin cushion for the pin cushion club in the Let's Get Stitched and More Magazine.



And this is what I came up with.  Isn't it adorable ?  The full pattern and kits will be available in the April Issue which will include already painted little doilies or you can purchase a kit of supplies and watch my LIVE online class in the Let's Get Stitched and More Subscribers Lounge during April and paint your very own.


They became so addictive that I just couldn't stop making them !   These 10 became cuff bracelet pin cushions.  They all found new homes at the Let's Get Stitched retreat a few weeks ago but there are more on the way in a few days and they will be offered for sale to new loving homes in my ETSY store next week.



The magazine is great value with 8 - 10 projects in every issue !  Including Quilting, Sewing, Embroidery, Kids Crafts, Quick Crafts, Paper Crafts, Beading and much much more.  It's just $8.95 per month or $60 for a full year !  Subscription details can be found HERE.

Hugs,

Fee xx

3 comments:

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Son preciosas!!! besos

I am said...

These are beautiful Fee,you are very clever and what a great idea with the mag xx

Rosie H. said...

Love these and you make me want to dye a few of my own.